My classmates and I are always creating new blog pots for our audience on our topic and how you can help support us. However, not that many people see our blog posts. We haven’t had any views since February, which is disappointing because we want for our message to be heard here on word-press.
We also have a twitter account that is also not doing great. Every blog that we write, we post on our twitter. Our twitter has 1 follower, which is one of our classmates. This means that nobody from our twitter account is seeing our blog posts. Please support us by following our twitter at
In this presentation, I took a class survey about which races is the most affected by police brutality. Then, I added 3 charts of statistics about which race is affected the most.
I made this presentation with google slides, and then screen recorded the slides. I added a lot of information, facts and opinions to make the presentation more informational. Instead of adding a voice over, I just added music because I wanted the text on the screen to stand out. On top of the slides, I added royalty free music to add audio.
- Blacks, especially women, are more likely to have been unarmed when killed by police than non-blacks, and that risk appears to increase in police departments with a greater presence of non-white officers, according to a new study of nationwide data from Washington University in St. Louis.”
- “Nearly 94 percent of those killed by police are men; about 46 percent are white; about 22 percent had a history of drug abuse or mental illness.”
- “The ages of unarmed people killed by police in the database range from 5 to more than 100 years old, including people who were 101, 103 and 107.”
- “More than 57 percent of African American women were killed while unarmed; white males were the least likely to have been unarmed when killed at just under 20 percent.”
- Everding, Gerry. “Police Kill Unarmed Blacks More Often, Especially When They Are Women, Study Finds | The Source | Washington University in St. Louis.” The Source, 14 Feb. 2018, source.wustl.edu/2018/02/police-kill-unarmed-blacks-often-especially-women-study-finds/.
Please go sign our petition, it can really save lives.
There are very few organization that are trying to find a solution to to this problem. Police brutality and racism is a problem, and with your signature you can help many innocent lives. Help us reach 100+ signatures!