by Michele Tran
“Racism is the belief that a particular race is superior or inferior to another, that a person’s social and moral traits are predetermined by his or her inborn biological characteristics.” https://www.adl.org/racism
Racism is when you discriminate a person based on their looks, more specifically the color of you skin. Racism is when people believe that certain people of color deserve to be treated different or be separated.
Some groups — such as Asians, Hispanics and Blacks are the most typical targets and victims of racism. People can also be racist about religions — such as Muslims and Jews.
Racism can be in many ways, such as:
- being called racist names or being assumed a certain race ( Chinese, Japanese, etc.)
- assault because of who the person looks like
- being excluded in certain situations because of who you are
- thinking you have to change who you are just because people don’t like it
- people assuming who you are just because you Asian, Black, Hispanic, etc.
- making jokes about your skin color
Nobody is born racist, you decide if you want to be or not. People think that there is something wrong with them just because they are left out because of the color of their skin, their looks, or their religion. Racism shouldn’t be here yet it still exists because we choose it to be here.