My classmates and I are always creating new blog pots for our audience on our topic and how you can help support us. However, not that many people see our blog posts. We haven’t had any views since February, which is disappointing because we want for our message to be heard here on word-press.
We also have a twitter account that is also not doing great. Every blog that we write, we post on our twitter. Our twitter has 1 follower, which is one of our classmates. This means that nobody from our twitter account is seeing our blog posts. Please support us by following our twitter at
- Blacks, especially women, are more likely to have been unarmed when killed by police than non-blacks, and that risk appears to increase in police departments with a greater presence of non-white officers, according to a new study of nationwide data from Washington University in St. Louis.”
- “Nearly 94 percent of those killed by police are men; about 46 percent are white; about 22 percent had a history of drug abuse or mental illness.”
- “The ages of unarmed people killed by police in the database range from 5 to more than 100 years old, including people who were 101, 103 and 107.”
- “More than 57 percent of African American women were killed while unarmed; white males were the least likely to have been unarmed when killed at just under 20 percent.”
- Everding, Gerry. “Police Kill Unarmed Blacks More Often, Especially When They Are Women, Study Finds | The Source | Washington University in St. Louis.” The Source, 14 Feb. 2018, source.wustl.edu/2018/02/police-kill-unarmed-blacks-often-especially-women-study-finds/.
Please go sign our petition, it can really save lives.
There are very few organization that are trying to find a solution to to this problem. Police brutality and racism is a problem, and with your signature you can help many innocent lives. Help us reach 100+ signatures!
Police Brutality these days are increasing and not decreasing because there are not may actions people take to help stop it. There are many ways for the city to help end Police Brutality.
- Treat addicts and mentally ill people like they need help, not jail. Many people that are victims pf police brutality are people with mental issues. People that use drugs for their mental issue and abuse the fact of their medication do not jail, they need medical attention.
- Body cameras Body cameras can not solve the problem completely, but it can help the issue. The cameras can be advocated as a long term commitment of fighting a misconduct.
Racism cannot just disappear if you ignore it. Whether you like it or not, the only way to stop racism is to talk about it, and be more aware of how racism is affecting people.
“The only way to end racism is to stop talking about it.”
In case you didn’t already know, this quote is complete bullshit. Let me explain why:
Ignoring a problem is not the proper way to handle it. For example, if you find out that you have cancer, you don’t just wait for it to kill you. You start treatments and take medication to slow it down and stop it. In other word, you fight. Obviously, I’m comparing apples and oranges here but the concept is somewhat the same.
The quote above was said by Morgan Freeman and it makes a lot of people think that if a black man said it then it must be true.
Morgan Freeman was wrong.
That is not the way to deal with racism.
In my experience, the people who repeat this phrase the most are white people. This is an issue…
View original post 1,450 more words
We are trying to eliminate the amount of racism in this world to the point that no one will know what racism is. This world would be good again without any violence and racism. If there was no racism, there would be no hatred and everyone is at peace. #racism
So far, we have 35 signatures but this is no where near our goal of 100 signatures. This petition has been up for a month and we are trying to reach out to more people. We haven’t been successful in getting 100 signatures but we are trying to. For example, we posted this on our social medias.
This article is a great example of how reverse racism cannot cure racism. For example, as the man was saying in the article he did not just assume that all black kids steal because of that one event. However, when these certain Catholic white kids insulted a Native American they were just pushed of as “privileged”.
Four days ago, following a heavy snow, two kids from our neighborhood spotted the snow shovels in our garage. One of them already had a shovel, the other didn’t, so he asked if he could borrow ours in order to raise money clearing driveways. Kids offering to shovel driveways in the winter are as ubiquitous as ice cream trucks in the summer, so I said, “Yes, but bring it back in two hours.” They agreed. I went in the house. A moment later my wife came around the corner and saw them taking the other shovel out of our garage. She asked if I’d told them they could, despite the fact that they now had three shovels. They said yes. She shrugged and made them promise to bring the shovels back soon. We haven’t seen them since.
Oh, and one more thing: the kids were African American, as are 3/4ths…
View original post 344 more words